Hi, I’m Dean Lofts and I am brilliantly lazy. I also go by 🎹 Loftwah The Beatsmiff, and you might remember me from such albums as Protektahz, Salty Waterz, Salty Waterz 2, Day of The Guiding Light, and Such Iz Life. 🎧 🔈
I can be described as somebody who is confident, friendly, informal and optimistic. 😎 🔈
Arcade Games, Audio, Bass, Beat Making, Blogging, Board Games, Card Games, Coding, Comedy, Computers, DJing, Drumming, Friends, Games, Guitar, Hip Hop, Listening, Making Music, Mastering, Memes, Music, Music Production, Piano, Rap, Reading, Records, Singing, Sleeping, Songwriting, Swimming, Trivia, Video, Vinyl Scratching, and Writing.
Android, Appwrite, AWS, Canva, Cloudflare, DigitalOcean, Docker, GitHub, Google Workspace, Grammarly, Koji, Kubernetes, Linux, MacOS, Nginx, Sociamonials, Terraform, Ubuntu, VSCode, WordPress, and zsh.
Speaking and Writing
- BTSMF – all things music here, I produce Hip Hop mostly – Powered by Koji
- Linktree – Link in Bio with the OG of Link in Bios – Powered by Linktree
- Lofts.sh – all things tech and professional here, I like to pretend I am professional – Powered by WordPress
- Loftwah The Beatsmiff – my official music website and online store – Powered by WordPress
- “Any sufficiently advanced technology is equivalent to magic.” – Arthur C. Clarke
- “Social engineering bypasses all technologies, including firewalls.” – Kevin Mitnick
- “People said I should accept the world. Bullshit! I don’t accept the world.” – Richard Stallman
- “The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers.” – Sydney Harris
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
- “It doesn’t matter what you know, what matters is when you know” – Kathy Sierra
- “Technology frightens me to death. It’s designed by engineers to impress other engineers. And they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers — which is why almost no technology ever works.” – John Cleese
- “Software is like sex; it’s better when it’s free.” – Linus Torvalds
- “The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways.” – Robert Greene
- “I don’t see myself being special; I just see myself having more responsibilities than the next man. People look to me to do things for them, to have answers.” – Tupac Shakur
- “A hacker is someone trying to figure out a way to make toast with a coffee maker” – Wau Holland
- “Be curious. Read widely. Try new things. What people call intelligence just boils down to curiosity.” – Aaron Swartz
- “What did the five fingers say to the face? Slap!” – Dave Chappelle (Daniel Martin’s impression is better)
Sauce Latency Comparison Numbers (~2012) ---------------------------------- L1 cache reference 0.5 ns Branch mispredict 5 ns L2 cache reference 7 ns 14x L1 cache Mutex lock/unlock 25 ns Main memory reference 100 ns 20x L2 cache, 200x L1 cache Compress 1K bytes with...
Get around Bash like a champion with these keyboard shortcuts. https://gist.github.com/tuxfight3r/60051ac67c5f0445efee
I like to keep a cheat sheet of things I regularly use, so I can read it repeatedly to help keep myself familiar with the tools. There is an always up-to-date version here. Loftwah's Cheatsheet This is a repo with a bunch of stuff I use regularly. Links | AWS...